Are you searching for an ecomerce platform to help you build an online store and sell products?
In this Sellfy review, we’ll talk about how this eCommerce platform can let you sell digital products while keeping full control of your marketing.
And the best part? Starting your business can be done in just five minutes.
Let us then talk about the Sellfy platform and all the benefits it can bring to your business.
What is Sellfy?
Sellfy is an eCommerce solution that allows digital content creators, including writers, illustrators, designers, musicians, and filmmakers, to sell their products online. Sellfy provides a customizable storefront where users can display their digital products and embed “Buy Now” buttons on their website or blog. Sellfy product pages enable users to showcase their products from different angles with multiple images and previews from Soundcloud, Vimeo, and YouTube. Files of up to 2GB can be uploaded to Sellfy, and the company offers unlimited bandwidth and secure file storage. Users can also embed their entire store or individual project widgets in their site, with the ability to preview how widgets will appear before they are displayed.
Sellfy is a powerful e-commerce platform that helps you personalize your online storefront. You can add your logo, change colors, revise navigation, and edit the layout of your store. Sellfy also allows you to create a full shopping cart so customers can purchase multiple items. And Sellfy gives you the ability to set your language or let customers see a translated version of your store based on their location.
Sellfy gives you the option to host your store directly on its platform, add a custom domain to your store, and use it as an embedded storefront on your website. Sellfy also optimizes its store offerings for mobile devices, allowing for a seamless checkout experience.
Sellfy allows creators to host all their products and sell all of their digital products on one platform. Sellfy also does not place storage limits on your store but recommends that files be no larger than 5GB. Creators can sell both standard and subscription-based products in any file format that is supported by the online marketplace. Customers can purchase products instantly after making a purchase – there is no waiting period.
You can organize your store by creating your product categories, sorting by any characteristic you choose. Your title, description, and the image will be included on each product page. In this way, customers can immediately evaluate all of your products. You can offer different pricing options for all of your products, including “pay what you want,” in which the price is entirely up to the customer. This option allows you to give customers control over the cost of individual items (without a minimum price) or to set pricing minimums—a good option if you’re in a competitive market or when you have higher-end products. You can also offer set prices per product as well as free products to help build your store’s popularity.
Sellfy is ideal for selling digital content, such as ebooks. But it does not allow you to copyrighted material (that you don’t have rights to distribute).
Sellfy offers several ways to share your store, enabling you to promote your business on different platforms. Sellfy lets you integrate it with your existing website using “buy now” buttons, embed your entire storefront, or embed certain products so you can reach more people. Sellfy also enables you to connect with your Facebook page and YouTube channel, maximizing your visibility.
Payments and security
Sellfy is a simple online platform that allows customers to buy your products directly through your store. Sellfy has two payment processing options: PayPal and Stripe. You will receive instant payments with both of these processors, and your customer data is protected by Sellfy’s secure (PCI-compliant) payment security measures. In addition to payment security, Sellfy provides anti-fraud tools to help protect your products including PDF stamping, unique download links, and limited download attempts.
Marketing and analytics tools
The Sellfy platform includes marketing and analytics tools to help you manage your online store. You can send email product updates and collect newsletter subscribers through the platform. With Sellfy, you can also offer discount codes and product upsells, as well as create and track Facebook and Twitter ads for your store. The software’s analytics dashboard will help you track your best-performing products, generated revenue, traffic channels, top locations, and overall store performance.
To expand functionality and make your e-commerce store run more efficiently, Sellfy offers several integrations. Google Analytics and Webhooks, as well as integrations with Patreon and Facebook Live Chat, are just a few of the options available. Sellfy allows you to connect to Zapier, which gives you access to hundreds of third-party apps, including tools like Mailchimp, Trello, Salesforce, and more.
Pricing and Premium Plan Features
- Price: $0
The free plan comes with:
- Up to 10 products
- Print-on-demand products
- Physical products
- Price: $19/month
Starter plan comes with:
- Everything is Free, plus:
- Unlimited products
- Digital products
- Subscription products
- Connect your domain
- 2,000 email credits
- Price: $49/month
The business plan comes with:
- Everything in Starter, plus:
- Remove “Sellfy” branding
- Store design migration
- Cart abandonment
- Product upselling
- 10,000 email credits
- Price: $99/month
The premium plan comes with:
- Everything in Business, plus:
- Product migration
- Priority support
- 50,000 email credits
Sellfy Review: Pros and Cons
Sellfy has its benefits and downsides, but fortunately, the pros outweigh the cons.
- It takes only a few minutes to set up an online store and begin selling products.
- You can sell your products on a single storefront, even if you are selling multiple product types.
- Sellfy supports selling a variety of product types, including physical items, digital goods, subscriptions, and print-on-demand products.
- Sellfy offers a free plan for those who want to test out the features before committing to a paid plan.
- You get paid the same day you make a sale. Sellfy doesn’t delay your funds as some other payment processors do.
- Print-on-demand services are available directly from your store, so you can sell merchandise to fans without setting up an integration.
- You can conduct all store-related activities via the mobile app and all online stores have mobile responsive designs.
- Everything you need to make your website is included, including a custom domain name hosting, security for your files, and the ability to customize your store
- The file security features can help you protect your digital property by allowing you to put PDF stamps, set download limits, and SSL encryption.
- Sellfy provides unlimited support.
- Sellfy provides simple and intuitive tax and VAT configuration settings.
- Marketing strategies include coupons, email marketing, upselling, tracking pixels, and cart abandonment.
- Although the free plan is helpful, but it limits you to only 10 products.
- Payment plans often require an upgrade if you exceed a certain sales amount per year.
- The storefront designs are clean, but they’re not unique templates for creating a completely different brand image.
- Sellfy’s branding is removed from your hosted product when you upgrade to the $49 per month Business plan.
- The free plan does not allow for selling digital or subscription products.
In this article, we have taken a look at some of the biggest benefits associated with using sellfy for eCommerce. Once you compare these benefits to what you get with other platforms such as Shopify, you should find that it is worth your time to consider sellfy for your business. After reading this article all of your questions will be solved but if you have still some questions let me know in the comment section below, I will be happy to answer your questions.
Note: This article contains affiliate links which means we make a small commission if you buy sellfy premium plan from our link.
Source: Tech Crunch